JOIN NOW FOR FREE

Canal Zone   Reply to topic

Posted On: 31 Oct, 2018 at 02:06 PM jahoo2 jahoo2
12 Jul, 2016

Was thinking, sometimes real life can be funnier than a joke.

There was something said the other day in chat that took me back, back to a different time in my life and well, will share one of those moments in time that I was caught, red faced and sweating.

While in the military, there was a small group of us sitting around discussing places we've been stationed. Two females discovered that they had both been stationed in Panama for a short time. All of a sudden, one giggled and said, "yes, it got hot and sticky in the canal zone." The other giggled and said, "sure did." Me, being me, sort of chuckled along and the conversation continued.

After that, at different times, heard them say the same thing again. It got to be some sort of inside joke between them.

So again, found us sitting around one day, and the phase was used again. So I threw in my comment about hearing that the weather there was hot and humid and went on discussing the pitfalls of that climate. They both looked at each other and started convulsing. Bewildered, I didn't let up.

Later, after we picked the two of them up off the floor we all broke up and was going back to work. The one of them pulled me to the side and had to explain the joke.

Silly me, how was I suppose to know, in Panama there are quite a few dreamy guys that are full of that hot Latin blood that made the canal zone all hot and sticky.