JOIN NOW FOR FREE

Royalty Free music   Reply to topic

Posted On: 7 Jul, 2013 at 07:29 PM nopolys nopolys
25 Jun, 2009

I was asked awhile back in the chat room about music on the video clips. This is a sticky subject and we all know I'm not a lawyer, so this is just what I've been told and mostly it's worth as much as you want it to be worth.

Most artists are interested in where and what venues their music is used in. More importantly, the publishers and distributors are interested, usually because somewhere in the process money is involved. There are several search bots being used today to search out people who have improperly used popular tunes. So, that said......

If you do a Google search for Royalty Free music, you will get about a million hits (really, a million !), so there is plenty of opportunity to keep from having challenges with music that may be playing inadvertently (coff) in the background.

Music is one of those things when properly used can really set the mood and enhance a video! If you want to add some mood to your video, making it say what you want, I would suggest you try adding music to the background.... either having it playing while you record or adding it in the second track in edit. Adding it as a second track is not difficult, but having it play while you record is easier. As an aside, it can cover other noises like traffic, dogs barking or planes overhead so there are fewer distractions for the viewers.

A couple sites I have used in production (and are listed in the Google search) have large amounts of music that cover several different styles and beats. Some sites have a creative commons license, this means you will abide by a general group of rules, mostly it's giving the music folks a credit line. Some sites you have to sign up (free) in order to get to the music.

Sea breeze computers has a nice listing to make your choices easier if you feel there are too many choices just by doing a search.

If you want to add a music track to your videos, and want specific information about sites, feel free to send me a site email or leave a message on my profile and I will do what I can to help.

Royalty Free music of all kinds and styles are available and easy to access for your next production.

Have fun getting the right mood set for your next sexy adventure!