JOIN NOW FOR FREE

NBA   Reply to topic

Posted On: 16 Nov, 2011 at 05:45 AM pinklicker pinklicker
13 Jun, 2009

The way it sounds there probably won't be a basket ball season this year. I'm not a basket ball fan but this still pisses me off. How dare any pro athlete in any major sport bitch and cry about money. Most NBA stars make more for one game then some working families make in a year. Athletes live a life that most of us can only dream about. Fame,million dollar contracts, endorsement deals yet some how they feel they have room to bitch and whine.They should get there greedy asses back out on the court and play ball.

But in all fairness my heart doesn't bleed for those greedy billionaire team owers either. I think what's missing in all this are the fans. Where would any major sport be without the fans. We pay those ridiculous ticket prices,buy team merchandise but at times like these we don't add up to dry shit.

I know it will never happen but it would only be right if after those greedy bastards on both sides work out a deal the fans tell them to take there tickets and there game and shove them up there asses.

Posted On: 16 Nov, 2011 at 06:45 AM browneyes16 browneyes16
22 May, 2010

Not into sports either, but have to agree with you pink! Wouldn't that be a sight to see........a televised game of any sport with thousands of empty seats. What a "FUCK YOU ALL" that would be!!!!

You know it's funny, I hear people say all the time that they won't go see a particlular movie because they don't like ONE actor starring in it. Their reasons varying from the person not being able to act, because of media stories about their personal lives or affairs, political views, ect.

BUT these same people will bitch over & over about their sports teams & it's players. It doesn't matter what the issue is......overpaid players, bad decisions by management, the fact that players have been arrested for domestic violence, sexual harrassment, dog fighting, weapons possession, etc.

These same people who will boycott movies, will still shell out money for their sports teams, whether it be for tickets or memoribilia. It's like the sports world has a hold on them that cannot be broken.

Posted On: 16 Nov, 2011 at 07:20 PM pinklicker pinklicker
13 Jun, 2009

Browneyes to compare sports fans with fans of a movie star is like comparing apples to oranges. I mean how excited or disappointed do you feel if a movie star does or doesn't win an award?? I've seen sports fans cry when there team gets eliminated from the play offs or go down right ape shit if there team wins a championship.

How many people would sit on a bench in sub zero temperatures to watch a movie debut staring there favorite movies star?? Thousands of football fans do just that in Green Bay and Chicago when there team has a home game in December and January.

If your a true fan of a team in any major sport you have a passion for that team. You sit on the edge of your seat during a close game. You feel upset or disappointed when your team loses and celebrate when they win. In a round about way your just as much a part of that team as the coaching staff and athletes.

Posted On: 16 Nov, 2011 at 10:29 PM lynnandbob lynnandbob
11 Sep, 2009

Licker of the PINK (Mmmmm that Thought is Sooooo Good!!!) Watch the College Games. Coach K 903 Last Nite & Pat Summit is still Leadin All Coaches in Wins. Dispite Her Illness She & Her Lady Vols Won Last Nite Tooo!!! XO Lynn32A

Posted On: 17 Nov, 2011 at 10:31 AM browneyes16 browneyes16
22 May, 2010

Well pink, maybe they don't fall off the same tree lol, but the result is the same. Way too many people throw away their "hard earned" money making all these people the "rich divas" that they are!!!!

Like I said I am not into sports. But family members are die hards. Hell the neighbors have said they can always tell when their teams are winning or losing because they can hear them screaming. The constant banter in this town between the mets & yankees fans is quite amusing at times. So I know all about the passion, even if I don't feel it myself or even understand it.

But the fact remains that as long as the fans put up with the bs & pay the prices of the tickets & memoribilia, NOTHING is going to change. The big picture isn't about the fans & how dedicated they are. It isn't even about the players & their dedication. It is a business & nothing else. It's all about the winning & the almighty dollar!!!!

The more they have, the more they want. Hell, they can't be one upped by the jones & have someone making more than they are, now can they? And what if they get knocked off the forbes "richest people" list, OMG how can they go out in public & face anyone??? lol

Posted On: 17 Nov, 2011 at 06:17 PM pinklicker pinklicker
13 Jun, 2009

Your absolutely right Bowneyes pro storts are a business. But let me ask this....What is the goal of every business besides making money. Isn't it keeping your customers happy so they continue buying your product?? Aren't the fans the customers in pro storts??? So with that point made let me ask how happy can the NBA fans be now??

Going back to the point I made starting this thread....How fucked up is it that there is a lock out over money. Just let me throw out some facts to show the big picture here. The 3 hightest paid NBA stars made the following from May 2010 to May 2011.

3 Yao Ming 27.7 million
2 LeBron James 48 million
1 Kobe Bryant 53 million

Now on the flip side of this is league minimum which is based on how many years you've been in the league. A rookies minimum pay is $473,604 a year. The minimum salary climbs to $1,352,181 for being in the league 10 plus years.

Now lets look at the owers. The 3 richest NBA team owers are.

3 Philip Anschuta owner of the Lakers worth 7 billion
2 Paul Allen owner of the Trail Blazers worth 12.7 billion
1 Mikhail Prokhorov owner of the Nets worth 13.4 billion

So how can the NBA justify a lock out??? Where do players get off on whining over money?? Is it just me or is this total bullshit ??