JOIN NOW FOR FREE

hurricane irene...BADDD news!   Reply to topic

Posted On: 27 Aug, 2011 at 11:05 AM eyeballs eyeballs
16 Oct, 2009

this iz one of those times when i feel confused & helpless about our lil community. THIS bugger came up so fast, it's a blind-siding event.( THE BITCH IZ OVER 600 MILES wide!!!)

when things R NOT in emergency mode....maybe we need to get in better touch with fellow members that share our values. not just here, it's something methinks we all need to reconsider...if WE had to evacuate from our homes...if there's no family to crash with, where would WE go??? (far enough to find a motel room to pay for with our credit card....???)

it's not a topic i wanna tackle tonight. but it's one that's been bothering me for some time...we're going to have our fellow neighbors & models with very sad moments & longer burdens afterwards....we can't save the world, but MAYBE we can pay attention & try to help our OWN!
i just don't know how...XOXO

Posted On: 27 Aug, 2011 at 03:30 PM pinklicker pinklicker
13 Jun, 2009

Gee eyeballs isn't this a rather deep subject. I think generally speaking most of us never think it could happen to me. Who plans on having a hurricane,tornado,or fire destory everything you own ?? Sure we might buy insurance but even then do you really think your gonna need it?

Just a little F.Y.I. if you live on the east or gulf coast. Scientist believe that the effects of globel warming will cause an increase in strong category 4 and 5 hurricanes making it to shore. So it might not be a bad idea to have a plan of action in place. I wish all those in the path of irene the best of luck.

Posted On: 28 Aug, 2011 at 05:41 AM browneyes16 browneyes16
22 May, 2010

Something is definitely going wrong with the forces of nature. Here in jersey, we have had 2 bad winters in a row snow wise. This past winter, almost 7 feet in 3 storms in less than 2 weeks. That is soooo not normal for us. Then last weeks earthquake, felt by many on the east coast, which startled many in my small town. And now a storm hitting almost the entire east coast, which they say is the worst since the early 1900's.

Hopefully the measures everyone is taking will help keep them safe. But the fact remains that no amount of planning can determine the actual effects of what rain, snow storms or tornados bring. All one can do is take the necessary precautions & hope for the best. But one important thing for all to remember is that no matter how important our belongings, including our homes, are to us they are replaceable! PRECIOUS LIVES AREN'T!!!!

While I am sitting here myself, waiting to see what wrath the storm sets upon my town, I hope everyone in it's path stays safe. Hopefully Irene's bark is worse than her bite!

Posted On: 28 Aug, 2011 at 07:10 PM restlessjoe restlessjoe
12 Oct, 2010

Is the WORLD coming to an END? Click on the link below and you'll be given a FREE report. In it, you'll read what the ancient Mayans, the chinese I-Ching, Nostradamus, and many others have recorded. Very interesting report whether you BELIEVE it or NOT!!! Remember, it's absolutely FREE!

http://mk19gn52.dec212012.hop.clickbank.net

p.s. You can copy the link and paste it on your address bar.

Posted On: 29 Aug, 2011 at 09:49 AM eyeballs eyeballs
16 Oct, 2009

RELIEF!
irene hit the carolinas at 11o mph...worst case scenario wuz it was gonna continue at that strength or worse.

we had a storm here earlier in the week. lead edge was a 75 mph hour front....it lasted 4 minutes & the rest wuz just wind & a couple hrs of rain.
trees down! houses hit! power out 4 10s of thousands 4 up to 5 days!

FOUR minutes!!!! jeez.

so yeah thak gawd irene calmed down, but still, 60 to 75 mph winds for HOURS can't be a picnic. better safe than sorry...evacuations & shutdowns were properly handled.

my stupid question iz...when ya got MILLIONS dat need to evacuate, maybe our lil community can figure out who has a spare bedroom....maybe not offered to ALL, but to those we feel that we can trust...
and maybe not..perhaps i'll just die a well intentioned, broke social worker...

as usual, just me thinking out loud...

Posted On: 30 Aug, 2011 at 04:41 PM restlessjoe restlessjoe
12 Oct, 2010

Hanginout, you're most welcum buddy. Hopefully more will click on the link and gain an insight. Remember, it's ABSOLUTELY free! Interesting read!