JOIN NOW FOR FREE

is it fair

Posted On: 24 May, 2018 at 04:33 PM manofsteel80 manofsteel80
13 Jan, 2015

You know everyone has different views on politics. Our constitution was wrote and drawn up with no political parties in mind. It focused on everyone. It wasn't until Washington was elected and he created a cabinet that the views on how the government should be ran came to be. Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson started our two party system and you guys think we are vicious now, you should read the newspapers then, they bashed Washington and Adams pretty bad, even one newspaper called Adams a hemaphordite during the election of 1800. When the Republicans (now the democrats) took power in 1801 with the election of Jefferson, the Federalists(now the modern Republicans) thought it was the end of the world, New England talked about succession and some Federalists even talked about using the army to maintain Federalist control.

Jefferson summed it up with these words in his first inaugural speech "We are all Federalists, we are all Republicans"

What im trying to say is that history repeats itself and today is no different than it was 200 yrs ago. We are all Democrats, we are all Republicans. Not one side is completely right and not one side is completely wrong.

That's what makes the United States one of the leading nations in the world, our views and our views on how the system should be ran. If not for this, the constitution would have never held up this long.

Politicians and even our average voting people need to step back and look at both sides and agree to disagree and meet in the middle.

Posted On: 24 May, 2018 at 07:56 PM nuesue nuesue
18 Feb, 2013

yeah dude of steel - discourse as a course of civilization seems to be built in.
we tend to think it's something new, but it's just the way it's always been that way.
where i'm originally from, they have shoving matches, throwing chairs etc. kind of embarrassing, and I must admit a touch entertaining. thought they got away from that, but it's revival might be something that's just built in there.
but anyway, the here and here.
I bring up the chickenshit stupidity of luring in bears just to shoot them - no one can say yeah, that's pretty shitty or something like that- they come back with the line that i need help. presumably mental help.
i make it very obvious that trump disgusts me. his behavior, the shit that comes out of his mouth, his history as a citizen, and very importantly his degradtion of international norms.
the bottom line with that motherfucker, is that he's throwing away decades of social progress for his own personal gain.
these republicans always talked about the good ol days. well, the good ol days always stressed education. now we value ignorance - hs educated hannity, limbaugh teaching economics- haha! you couldn't find more ignorant motherfuckers than them. they just pull shit out of their asses.
i learn economics from the likes of robert reich, professor at berkely, tons of education on the matter.
then you have that iran matter - he walked out on it with just three words. that treaty was hammerd out over ten years with nobel prize winner professors of physics from mit.
trump's going to fix it, haha! they bring their best, we bring a dumbshit.
there's more - criticizing our intelligence for doing their job - hey motherfucker - you had pple working for foreign governments.
yeah, calling sally yates a cunt. that's the level of republicans.

if nothing else bothers reeps, it should be the loss of net neutrality.

Posted On: 24 May, 2018 at 08:49 PM carsonx26 carsonx26
22 Oct, 2017

lmao....so much for taking a step . Wow.

Posted On: 25 May, 2018 at 06:59 PM nuesue nuesue
18 Feb, 2013

well face, it gets down to this - you're lazy.
just fucking lazy.
you could learn about history, stay up with current events, learn from scientists and their studies.
that takes work though.
you take the easy route - eating shit that limbaugh pulls out of his asshole :)
you, your cadre of know nothings think being in a group makes you right.
it takes balls and brains to stand for what's right.
trashing nato allies, ending healthcare protections for your daughter, calling some Nazis good, calling putin some good names - shit like that is exactly that - shit.
did you hear that fucking nut's mother day speech - some of our mothers are pioneers haha! what are they, like 200 yo? haha..
that fucking idiot's going to be impeached :)

neither of which you and your fellow sheep pos

Posted On: 25 May, 2018 at 08:19 PM starryeyes starryeyes
11 Dec, 2012

Min, dear, I hope you're reading and keeping up with this ridiculous discussion. I realize that the forums are a place for self expression, and I realize that we all have a right to do just that, but I am respectfully requesting that you TAKE DOWN THIS THREAD.

A few of the entries here are sober, well-thought-out responses, but the majority of them seem to be venomous, hateful, argumentative, judgmental name calling.

I personally don't think this is the place for political discussions, but be that as it may. Nobody is going to change his or her mind because of something they read here, and it seems to be getting more and more hateful. Or maybe that's just my perception because I'm tired of reading all the vitriol.

Grow up, peeps. Nurture your own beliefs and prejudices. Cultivate the hell out of them. Hate everybody who disagrees with you if that's what you want to do. But please KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. This room is supposed to be fun. Let's at least pretend to be grownups and stop judging people you know only through some online chat.

My two cents. Rant over. (But I meant it, Min, about taking down this thread. PLEASE.)

Posted On: 25 May, 2018 at 08:28 PM funstuff funstuff
2 Dec, 2009

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!! had to get that in just in case this thread gets removed... lol ffffuuuccckkkkk!!! one more time.. fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers
funstuff xxoo lol

Posted On: 25 May, 2018 at 09:53 PM mad2424 mad2424
27 Jul, 2008

only a sick POS thinks democrats are good and republicans are evil. i'd have to say, that idea borders on mental illness

Posted On: 25 May, 2018 at 11:01 PM carsonx26 carsonx26
22 Oct, 2017

Ok..I'm gonna chime in quick and be done...agree with starry, this needs to stop. Face, love ya bud, but you are wasting time and energy...nothing you say, and no matter how you say it, will change what she believe.
This is nothing more than her own personal sounding board and the more we feed into the more it will keep on going.
I don't think this forum post will be removed, so I would just ask for everyone to walk away from it and let it rot away in the last pages of this forum.

I'm out

Posted On: 26 May, 2018 at 01:57 PM jedediah1 jedediah1
11 May, 2011

I'm a foreigner , so have no vested interest in your political situation, nor do wish to see this thread removed. It does at least provide at least one female with a place to grandstand her views and maybe its better to allow her to rant and rave in here rather than cause mayhem in the chat room and thus cause others to leave PV because of that.
I would also point out that said person is not the only one to hold seemingly rabid views about your president and his party. My partner had a penfriend who lived in Florida..... they conversed on a regular basis , writing about life and amusing things in general , like friends do, until the friend , about 9 months prior to the election of Master Trump, started to mention things related to the republicans and how awful they were. These mentions , against the republicans and Trump along with mentions of how wonderful the Clinton camp was, became more and more frequent. My partner read these messages , which started to become diatribes, mostly in silence, occasionally telling me the latest outrage that was in the messages, until finally she wrote back to the friend and asked her why she thought 1, we were interested , and 2, did she wonder what my partners opinion was about all this and especially about Trump? She then proceeded to tell her that as far s she was concerned Trump was a breath of fresh air into what seemed a bloated and self-serving set of politicians and if he could achieve half of his reported aims it might be a good thing for both america and the world , and that not everybody though the sun shone out of Hilary Clintons ass.., and as a reminder of presidential sexuality problems she pointed to JFK and Bill Clinton as shining examples of Democrat presidents.
The friend replied with a horrendous outpouring of hate and evil against both Trump and us .... how dare we presume to mention jfk etc and what did we know about anything anyway and ended up with instructions to never correspond with her again. My partner didnt !!
So there's more than one rabid female democrat alive and well and kicking....Just a thought.

Posted On: 26 May, 2018 at 04:24 PM starryeyes starryeyes
11 Dec, 2012

Thanks, jed, for not letting this rot. It seems this thread will never go away, and it is the very WORST of us. Well, of some of us.