JOIN NOW FOR FREE

New & Improved PV   Reply to topic

Posted On: 28 Apr, 2013 at 04:51 AM bick62 bick62
10 Jun, 2009

I prefered the old version MUCH better. I can't even see any of the posts on the new version. For some reason no photos show up on any page I click on. At least with the old version I could see all the contrubutions. Won't be visiting this site daily like I use to.

Posted On: 28 Apr, 2013 at 02:07 PM min min
28 Mar, 2009

@msrobinson - Thanks for pointing that out, we've located the issue and will be fixing it as soon as we can; either today or tomorrow.

@bick62 - We've received your support emails and have followed up with you. We'll do everything we can to see you using the site to it's fullest potential.

@robrod - Please connect with us via our support channel and we'll be more than happy to make the site work for you. The pictures shouldn't freeze your machine but then again we can't take into account every user's PC situation and have done our best to test everything in as many different environments as we can. Please do contact us though as we'd like the opportunity to address your specific issues.

@browneyes16 - your points have been noted and we'll look to implement your suggestions very very soon.

Posted On: 29 Apr, 2013 at 02:05 AM dlmar62 dlmar62
2 Jul, 2009

If anything the fonts could be darker on blue background....Little hard to read........

Posted On: 29 Apr, 2013 at 11:13 PM ds5929 ds5929
27 Feb, 2013

New and Improved? Try impossible-to-navigate sodding mess. Another site 'improved' into uselessness.

Posted On: 29 Apr, 2013 at 11:54 PM winebottle winebottle
12 Nov, 2011

Can't stand the new format... Very clumsy. Bring back the old or I'm off to xxxx... There format is very professional.

Posted On: 30 Apr, 2013 at 02:20 PM hgl6461 hgl6461
24 Jun, 2010

I do not like the new format. Way too confusing to navigate. The old format was much better.

Posted On: 30 Apr, 2013 at 03:15 PM walt33 walt33
2 Nov, 2012

We LOVE the new room! If you just take a few minutes to look around, it is very easy to navigate! Also love all the new features! Good work PV!

Posted On: 30 Apr, 2013 at 03:43 PM min min
28 Mar, 2009

@kiwiguy - you can still have the images open in a new tab, just right click it and select open in new tab/window. I appreciate that you aren't keen on the site but consider this:

We have only had 2 MAJOR upgrades to this site in 14 years (that includes this one). One the previous occasion we had a similar uproar about the changes and that incidentally happens to be the site you are currently saying was better.

It is an unfortunate reality that the internet does not stay still and that users ask for newer features and options on a constant basis. We could not feasibly continue to support those requests on the old platform; it just was not technically possible.

I appreciate that there are people out there that do not like change in any shape or form but with something as ever changing as the internet, change is inevitable.

We intentionally chose a plain background on the pictures because it makes the pictures stand out! Anything against a plain background stands out.

So while I concede that our changes may not be to everyone's liking, albeit even when it hasn't even been given a chance, we didn't make them simply because we could. We made them because it allows us the opportunity to not be stuck in the 90's and to compete with other sites on a more level playing field in terms of being able to respond to user requests.

If I can be of any assistance to you, or to any other user that would like to discuss our changes, or simply give us feedback on what you think we could make better about the current platform, then please reach out to me via our support channel.

@hgl6461 - I believe I've already touched base with you and responded to your support ticket.

Posted On: 30 Apr, 2013 at 06:20 PM bulkywang bulkywang
11 Apr, 2013

For what it's worth. I like the change. Took some big balls to face lift the design, when it's been the same dark blue and yellow for 100 years :)

Posted On: 1 May, 2013 at 11:01 PM kidder kidder
21 Aug, 2011

2nd major update that I can recall since I first encountered the site in around about 2002 or 2003.The last update in 2008 made me not renew any kind of premiums I had to access all aspects of the site,Too-Blue / Arkology etc as it was a terrible update and got rid of all the old Forum content in which I made some really outstanding friends.Only re-registered to try & find them,but alas.The Forum was a great little community if you will.Check here now & again,and was greeted with a truly horrendous design today.I grant you it is just an opinion,mine.But what set this website apart from all the other sites I considered nearly 10 years ago was its ease of use,and practicality.This to me is worse than the last update,there is too much going on,the content is all over the place...to the mods '..less is more..' You only need to tinker with stuff to enhance it,not do over the top redesigns like these last two.I really used to enjoy spending time on this site..